Now more than ever, employers need health insurance solutions that will keep their globally mobile employees safe, healthy and productive while on short-term or long-term international assignments.
GeoBlue®, through our Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® group products, offers a wide range of compliant health insurance solutions to meet the unique needs of the globally mobile. We afford members more access to care on a direct pay basis and our digital services put plans and resources right in members' hands making care convenient and accessible anywhere, anytime.
All GeoBlue plans provide members with these unique benefits:
Long-Term Coverage - Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Expat
Comprehensive international medical coverage for long-term assignees and their dependents who are leaving their home country for six months or more. Standard and customizable plans for U.S. employees outside the U.S., foreign nationals on assignment in the U.S. and third country nationals (groups of two or more).
- Standard and customizable plans for U.S. employees outside the U.S., foreign nationals on assignment in the U.S. and third country nationals (groups of two or more)
- Coverage options for well visits, prescriptions, hospitalization, maternity, wellness, medical evacuation, repatriation and employee assistance programs are available. Supplemental options such as dental, vision, AD&D, life and long-term disability are available too
- Global Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided by Workplace Options (WPO) provides telephonic and remote counseling, work/life services, legal/financial services, wellness coaching and more
Short-Term Coverage - Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Traveler
Supplemental medical coverage for short-term international travelers
- Coverage for unanticipated illness or injury that occurs while workers are traveling outside their home country on a trip shorter than 180 consecutive days
- Administration is easy with no upfront enrollment information required
- Coverage is portable and goes wherever business travel takes employees
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® TCN (Third Country Nationals)
Medical coverage specifically designed for non-U.S. citizens who typically do not obtain care in the U.S. and therefore do not need the same level of coverage as a typical expat.
- Separate product filing to enable a lower premium
- Flexibility to meet a group's specific needs, from basic to comprehensive coverage with the option to include emergency-only coverage in the U.S.
- Cost-share options that can include benefit maximums, deductibles, pre-existing condition limitations and waiting periods
- Ability to include benefits such as maternity, dependent care, mental health and/or substance abuse treatment, dental and vision, etc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global is a brand owned by Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. GeoBlue is the trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC (Worldwide Services Insurance Agency, LLC in California and New York), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association: made available in cooperation with Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies in select service areas. Coverage is provided under insurance policies.